[osis-core] addition of cID for fragments?

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:38:22 -0700

>69. Extraction of chapters
>Possible addition for consideration: To facilitate the extraction of
>chapters from the text, it would be nice to be able to add <q> and
<speech> >elements at the beginning of divisions (such as chapter) in
order to have >history of these elements moved forward. I would suggest
tagging them with >an attribute of cID that matches the correct sID and
eID. Submitted by: Jim >Schaad, jimsch@nwlink.com

Resolution:
This is an issue that has been discussed in the past with no resolution.

I think this is an interesting idea for "fragment" documents (not in the
XML sense of the word).  At present you can only create a "fragment"
document along lines where NO hierarchies overlap.  Adding a cID
attribute that matches either a eID or sID would allow cleaner fragments
to be created.

I do NOT believe there should ever be a matching sID, cID, and a eID in
the same document.  (If cID is present only either sID or eID are
allowed.)

Todd