[osis-core] [Fwd: RE: GNT]

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:39:18 -0400

Guys,

Permission is here for Matthew and Psalms!

I plan on mentioning (in the documentation) that people should buy the
hard copy to see how the encoding matches the printed version. (Like to
help our friends while helping people learn markup!)

Patrick

-------- Original Message --------
From: Carl Dobrowolski <CDOBROWOLSKI@americanbible.org>
To: Adina Hamik <ahamik@americanbible.org>
Cc: "'Patrick Durusau'" <pdurusau@emory.edu>, John Walter
<jwalter@forministry.com>, Rita Perez <rperez@americanbible.org>
Subject: RE: GNT
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:35:46 -0400

This will serve as permission for Patrick Durusau to use up to the entire
Book of Psalms or Gospel According to Matthew in Good New Translation under
following conditions:

1.  Use of GNT (verbatim) is granted for OSIS "test" phase only, the release
of 1.0 basic encoding for the Bible.  The GNT may not be downloaded for a
fee, or for any other commercial exchange or in any venue, commercial or
noncommercial, other than as stipulated herein.
2.   The following copyright information and notice should be provided
prominently to the user of OSIS 1.0 (It should be reproduced, as Patrick
suggests, "prominently both in the texts as well as in the documentation"):
"Scripture quotations taken from the Good News Translation (GNT) (c) 1992,
American Bible Society.  Used by permission.
The GNT may not be reproduced other than as part of the documentation for
OSIS.   For any other reprint and quotation rights, please contact the
Permission Office of the American Bible Society, 1865 Broadway, New York, NY
10023"
3. Permission expires Dec. 31, 2002.  It is renewable thereon by request.

Hope this is satisfactory to all parties.

Blessings,

Carl Dobrowolski
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY
Royalty Properties