[jsword-devel] Extending Lucene Indexes and stemming in particular

Chris Burrell christopher at burrell.me.uk
Mon Apr 21 12:37:53 MST 2014

For subject/topic searches, we don't give the whole choice to the user
(i.e. we prefer some Bibles based on context in the search bar, but always
complement them with other key modules). So key functionality would appear
to be broken if the ESV index happened to have no heading stems. (It
wouldn't break badly, it just would look like something's missing/gone/was
there and no longer is). On the Desktop/Mobile, we ensure (will be
ensuring) at setup time that some modules/Bibles are installed as
mandatory.

IMHO, if the user expects stuff in an area of the screen and it's blank,
this is akin to broken. Similarly, if the out-of-the-box install looks
different on 1 computer than it does on another (which has BD on it
already), then this would be a bug for us to resolve.

Chris