[jsword-devel] Versification mapping

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Thu Jul 4 13:39:11 MST 2013

Yes. I think we can detect this. Essentially, it will be confusing to the
user if for some reason, the mapped passage he asked for is made of several
ranges ( assuming of course he asked for a contiguous range in the first
place). I think marking up in the OSIS before the XSL is executed where the
bits that have been omitted are (i.e. near their closest verse) would be
helpful. It would outline to the user where the bits are missing and maybe
hovering over these would give an idea of which bits were omitted...

Agreed on the DC.

In terms of exactly what they asking for, I agree. But the question is what
are they asking for when they are looking up Daniel 3. What they probably
really mean is give me the content of the story of the burning furnace.
They most likely don't mean 'Give me the entirety of Daniel 3 in the KJV,
but omit the story of the three young men in the DR Catholic Bible",
especially if they are comparing them in parallel views.

But I'm guessing we could detect if someone is asking for a whole chapter,
and if they are, we can mark the beginning/end of the DRC with a notice of
some kind saying these are omitted - but click here to see them.

Chris

Chris