[jsword-devel] Heads up Verse change

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Feb 16 11:46:22 MST 2013

I'm going to have to change Verse to take a versification. Was hoping not to do that.

The fundamental reason is that we have too much code that allows for Verse to be in a container that requires Verse to be Comparable.

I could do a brain dead ordering of book, chapter, verse. This works for chapter and verse, but not for book. Books are not ordered alphabetically, but in versification order.

Right now, compareTo is deprecated (to see what needs to change), but it also means that I'd have to remove "implements Comparable" as well.

Anyway, there's a patch for this in Jira and it passes all tests. Thanks John for the patch.

In Him,