[jsword-devel] NPE in RawFileBackend#getCardinality

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 12 15:49:16 MST 2013

Looking on the server at all the modules there....
The modules that use the file prefix as the last segment are of the following types:
RawGenBook
RawLD
RawLD4
zLD

Also these modules have a dat file and an idx file. You could test either of these.

The convention is that the data files have the same name as the directory in which they are contained, but that is not required. I've created oddballs in the past and there is one that is not exactly like this, but the file prefix differs by case.

The convention is that directories have a trailing /, but that is not required. I've encountered this in the past and there is one module like this today.

But if the path has a trailing / then it is a directory. If that directory is missing then the module does not exist.

So, putting this together:
You can test the modules type
or
Test to see if the data path is a directory. If it is a directory then the module exists and the path is correct.

If it isn't a directory and the data path ends in a '/' then the module doesn't exist.

Then append .dat on the path and see if that exists as a file.
If it does, then shorten the given path to be a true directory path.
Else the module doesn't exist.

Hope this helps.

In Him,
	DM