[jsword-devel] Language changes

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 12 12:38:33 MST 2013

Any of you that wish to follow the change to Language and Languages, see either
https://github.com/dmsmith/jsword/compare/master...all-langs
or the pull request:
https://github.com/crosswire/jsword/pull/33/files

As I am changing the API of the two classes I need to know whether any front-end (STEP, AlKitab, AndBible, ...) uses these directly.

One of the changes is that if you delete the iso639full.properties file from the jar, you'll have a smaller install and for modules that use language codes not covered by iso639.properties, you'll probably will see the code and not a friendly name.

This may be appropriate for a mobile device.

I have one more issue to tackle: the recognition of RtoL languages. Right now it is hard-coded in the program. Needs to be done differently.

In Him,