[jsword-devel] Java 1.6

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Sep 3 04:33:14 MST 2012

The dependency graph of JDOM is just wrong. At least for JSword. We certainly don't use StAX or XPath via JDOM. Just DOM and SAX. That's not to say that StAX wouldn't be good. For JSword, JDOM shouldn't drag in anything at all.

I'm not sure we need JDom at all in Java 5, which uses xerces rather than 1.4's crimson. IIRC, we needed JDOM because there was no way in Java 1.4 to create an XML Document object.

In Him,
	DM