[jsword-devel] Git

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Mar 18 06:30:48 MST 2012

On 18/03/12 12:47, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> On 18.3.2012 13:45, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>> I disagree.
>
> OK, I was wrong then ... I know gitolite (or gitosis) just from
> git.fedoraproject.org and I thought that it is the typical use case.

I use it to have

a) a few people to have access to my practice website - I use the script
hooks to upload changes to the git repo into the actual site

b) to have several Russians to work on a Strong's encoded Synodal Bible

c) to have some collaborators share with me work on modules.

I am sure it is capable of running hundreds of sites, but I use it for 6
or 7 sites, with 7 or 8 people who I do not want to give an ssh account
on my own server and it does not appear to be overkill - rather it is a
lot easier to administer, once set up than any kind of other setup I
have tried in the past (and did not get to work)

The two things which I really like are the hooks system which can be
used for triggered builds e.g. and the lack of need to give ssh access.

Peter