[jsword-devel] github - translation commits

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:09:47 MST 2012

The need to update the Arabic Bible book names has prompted this e-mail.

I have started looking into redirecting the Amanuens translation tool,
which is used by And Bible translators, from svn to github.  Can/how do we
get commit rights to the new jsword repository on github?

To set up Amanuens to check into And Bible github repository I had to
create a ssh key pair, upload the private key to Amanuens and the public
one to github.  Here are a user's comments on the
process<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/anki-android/W-1san41PwE>.
 So I suppose I could send somebody a public key to add to the JSword
github repo and add the private key to Amanuens.

Regarding branches: When JSword used svn Amanuens checked into the tip.
 Has a particular branching
model<http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/>been
discussed or are we updating master?  The branching model may be
irrelevant to Amanuens because Amanuens will probably have
problems<http://threeplicate.uservoice.com/forums/44829-amanuens/suggestions/2537918-add-the-ability-to-select-a-branch-to-use-in-a-git>checking
into anything except master.

DM, one alternative would be for you to create your own Amanuens account
for JSword resources which you could manage, but I am happy to continue as
we are.

A quick hack would be for me to leave Amanuens configured as it is for now,
check into the JSword svn, copy the translated file, and make a Pull
request on the github account.

Thanks
Martin