[jsword-devel] Cannot Download files from Xiphos Repo Using JSword

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat Mar 12 09:08:23 MST 2011

On Mar 12, 2011, at 10:54 AM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

>>    It would be good to know what Sword does because clearly Sword can
>>    read all the repositories.
>
> Is it not simply using the PATH from the config file? When I make
> modules I certainly do not care much about identity of [Name] and PATH.

Path is not at all helpful in determining the name of the zip file.

> If you rely on [Name] to find the module, chances are that you will
> fail, but if you use PATH you must succeed - otherwise the module is out
> of order anyway.
We rely on [Name] to determine the name of the zip file. We also use it as the unique key within a repository, and within the collection of installed books. Other than that, it is used in diagnostic messages.

Path is used to get the files for the locally installed module. It is not used in downloading the zip file. It is not useful for that.

I will be adding back in the FTP methodology and use it as a fallback for failed download of the zip.

This will solve the Xiphos repository zip file name problem.

In Him,