[jsword-devel] Recent issue deluge and JSword version

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 20:34:47 MST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
> I was wondering what approach others use.
>
> I think Tonny uses trunk for Alkitab.

Usually I use trunk (latest nightly, after test ofcourse) for my
software project (any project), or at least I often download the
nightly and test against my software. But for latest Alkitab 2.6 I
didn't use latest nightly, in fact it is still using JSword
(2009-10-03, quite old) because some changes in JSword after that date
is incompatible with the framework that I use (Netbeans Platform). I
already raise the issues in crosswire JIRA.

But for daily development of Alkitab I use nightly JSword so I can
always keep track what is changed/improvement in JSword. The nightly
JSword is patched on my local machine (already submit to crosswire
JIRA) to remove the incompability. Just waiting for the JIRA issues to
be resolved then I can use nightly again in the Alkitab release :)

Why I don't use patched nightly (JSword) in Alkitab release because I
rather submit the patch to the bug tracker and wait for the upstream
project to resolve the issues and use the jar unchanged/unmodified
rather than dealing with license requirement for modification (I am
not a lawyer)

For other project eg: I use Apache Batik, I use nightly for release.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--
Alkitab Bible Study