[jsword-devel] XSLT and enrichment of OSIS Text...

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 9 13:33:34 MST 2010

On 11/05/2010 07:10 PM, Chris Burrell wrote:
> Thanks DM. So I found this page (again)!
> http://www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/interlinear/
> <http://www.crosswire.org/%7Edmsmith/interlinear/>
>
> And managed to replicate (and solve?) the issues I found originally
> when I looked at it before:
>
> 1st When lines in the interlinear only have 1 line (i.e. no 2nd/3rd or
> 4th line). As a result, when the text wraps, it floats below the first
> line. As a hack (although on could argue that there is an empty spot
> there, rather than nothing), I think we can put a <span>&nbsp;</span>
> or we could use a height maybe? (not quite so good, unless we specify
> in ems and exs). And the second thing is that within a particular word
> stack, the words might wrap. I believe this particular issue is only
> visible in IE. For IE 8, the fix is to put a whitespace: nowrap CSS
> directive. Not sure if that helps on IE6 and 7 though? Spec says it
> should be supported on both browsers.

Thanks for the info. I've rolled this into my example. Also, I have
explicitly set text-align: left since this alignment is inherited.

There still is one glitch I cannot quite figure out. If you shrink the
width of the browser so that the second verse number is at the end of
the line, then the first "word" drops underneath the number. If I pad
out the number with &nbsp; it makes it look worse. Ultimately it's
because of how the verse spans interact with each other. Putting the
number into the "verse" span helps.

In Him,
     DM