[jsword-devel] Strongs Module works in 1.6 and not trunk

Trenton D. Adams trent.jsword at trentonadams.ca
Sun Feb 28 02:27:23 MST 2010

I'm having some problems right now...
My strongs module works in jsword 1.6, but not in the trunk.  I get an error in the trunk that says "Unexpected internal problem, you may need to restart", and that it was caused by "No description available".

I used the latest tei2mod (off the sword/trunk/utilities) to convert the example strongs.tei.xml to a module.

my config...
[StrongsHebrew2]
DataPath=./modules/lexdict/zld/strongs/strongs
ModDrv=zLD
Encoding=UTF-8
SourceType=TEI
Feature=HebrewDef
Feature=GreekDef
Description=strongs
CompressType=ZIP
DistributionLicense=Public Domain

I was missing Lang=en.  Anyhoo, it didn't do this with 1.6, and the tei2mod doesn't give "Lang" as an example config, so I'm assuming it's not a required attribute.  Perhaps getLanguage() should be checked for null?

TextPaneBookDataDisplay.java:153
        txtView.setLocale(new Locale(bmd.getLanguage().getCode()));

Anyhow, it's working for me now that I have Lang=en.

Thanks.