[jsword-devel] Classic and reverse interlinear?

Chris Burrell christopher at burrell.me.uk
Sat Feb 20 05:22:47 MST 2010

Hi

I was just wondering if people have had experience making interlinears and
reverse interlinears? I'm not so fussed about the display side of things,
but more in terms cross-referencing the original texts.
*
For the reverse interlinear (based on the English)*
I've looked through the available modules in JSword, and I don't seem to be
able to find a simple mapping for Strong -> Hebrew word in its hebrew form
(or Greek) module. So I'm guessing the only way will be to lookup the same
text/verse, set of verses in the original texts in a strong-numbered version
(for e.g. LXX for the Greek).  Can I be guaranteed that verses will have the
same content? or would I need to widen my passage for the source text lookup
to guarantee getting enough of the source text. For example, when multiple
verses span one large sentence in the original.

*For the classic interlinear (based on the source text)*
Look up the hebrew/greek text and then with the selected English/other
language, map using the strong words in the source text. I'm assuming
there's no Hebrew ->English or Greek->English mappings

I guess I'm just wondering if there's a better way to do the reverse
interlinear than having to look up two passages and try and match them.

Oh, and is there a version that people use for the Hebrew nowadays which is
Strong-numbered?

Chris