[jsword-devel] Alternate Versification

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun May 3 04:33:26 MST 2009

On May 3, 2009, at 2:21 AM, Brian Fernandes wrote:

>> For more details, see: http://crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification/System_Identification
> What v11n system would Catholic bibles use - Vulgate? I recall
> another difference where the verse distribution in chapters 16 / 17
> in the book of Numbers differs from the current v11n system. This is
> only a difference I chanced across while doing a rough manual
> comparison, I didn't really look further; is this a known difference?

Brian,

Probably Vulgate. But that is planned at this time, not reality. I
don't know what the differences are.  What will drive the proper
definition will be the availability of a catholic Bible e-text that is
either unencumbered by copyright or for which CrossWire obtain
specific permission from the copyright owner.

At this time we do have KJVA - KJV w/ Apocrypha. I seem to recall
seeing it as an e-text, but that was a few years ago.

Thanks for replying about the implementation!

In Him,