[jsword-devel] Bible Desktop Vision and Strategy

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 19:57:30 MST 2009

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:11 AM, Neil Short <neshort at yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]

Eye candy and usability improvements are often two different things
(and sometimes eye candy will decrease usability - Don Norman has a
good saying along the lines of "That is really hard to use.  It
probably won an award for its design").

I am a developer, but for BPBible, and it takes up all my spare time
(I also strongly dislike Java from both a pragmatic and a language
design point of view, but that's a separate issue).  We have had these
discussions about extensibility there and are sure to have them again,
and I think it is a hard problem.  Even having different
configurations is only solving a small part of the problem, since it
is still requiring the user to make a choice, just narrowing the
options they have to choose between.

Jon