[jsword-devel] Bible Desktop Vision and Strategy

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 03:02:33 MST 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Neil Short <neshort at yahoo.com> wrote:

> THANK YOU!
> It's not an all-purpose kitchen gadget. It needs to do a few things and do them well.

In some ways true.  However, I can guarantee that even among the
comparatively few developers we have on this list there will be very
little consensus as to what the things are it should do.  Throw in
even a small user population with different backgrounds and your
chances of consensus are approximately zero (except on broad big
picture issues like "reading the Bible" - if we can't agree on that as
an important part then we might as well give up).  That being said,
configuring it with different subsets of functionality for different
classes of users is probably worth considering.

Jon