[jsword-devel] Java IDE

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:16:56 MST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Neil Short wrote:
>> I want to view the code for the extended class. Where is it. Well,
>> it's in a subdirectory. But what's in that subdirectory? Just one
>> thing: another directory. What's it it? another directory. What's in
>> it? Ah! There's the class!
>
> LOL! If there is a single really annoying feature to Jsword/BD then it
> is this. I never use anything but joe,gedit or katoob (You see,  I am
> not an programmer, but one of the BD translators) and diving in and out
> of directories is _really_ confusing and annoying.

Yes, this is what happen, if it is a long package. However, even
though you are not a programmer, using a Java IDE will help you a lot
for those crazy directory :), because good Java IDE will display it
using package structure (rather than directory structure). You do not
need to a be a programmer to use Java IDE, just treat it as plain text
editor with better navigation :)

What you need is to ask for the project file for the particular IDE
(that the developer use) and use the IDE that the developer use (eg:
can be Netbeans, Eclipse, etc) then just load that project file. Now
you can edit the translation easily.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar