[jsword-devel] BibleDesktop Issues

Adam Thomas adam-thomas at cox.net
Sun Mar 1 07:06:49 MST 2009

Hi all,

I pulled the latest sources for BibleDesktop and am receiving some
errors that I wanted to have verified by someone else.

First, the build.xml in the bibledesktop project is giving me the error:
"Target nsis does not exist in this project    build.xml
bibledesktop    line 31    Ant Buildfile Problem".

Second, when I launch BibleDesktop for the first time it prompts me to
install bibles since I have none installed. I clicked "Cancel" on the
dialog and received an error dialog stating "An error has occurred:
Unexpected internal problem. You may need to restart."

Here is the stack trace when the error occurred:

Mar 1, 2009 9:02:00 AM org.crosswire.common.util.Reporter informUser
INFO: Unexpected internal problem. You may need to restart.
org.crosswire.common.util.LucidException: Unexpected internal problem.
You may need to restart.
    at
org.crosswire.common.util.Reporter$CustomAWTExceptionHandler.handle(Reporter.java:307)
    at
    at
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.handleException(EventDispatchThread.java:389)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.processException(EventDispatchThread.java:295)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:289)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError
    at
org.crosswire.common.swing.ActionFactory.getAction(ActionFactory.java:229)
    at
org.crosswire.common.swing.ActionFactory.getAction(ActionFactory.java:207)
    at
org.crosswire.common.swing.CWOptionPane.getActionName(CWOptionPane.java:757)
    at
org.crosswire.common.swing.CWOptionPane.showOptionDialog(CWOptionPane.java:636)
    at
org.crosswire.common.swing.CWOptionPane.showConfirmDialog(CWOptionPane.java:507)
    at
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop.checkForBooks(Desktop.java:908)
    at
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop$DesktopRunner.run(Desktop.java:1174)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
    at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273)
    ... 5 more

Thanks,
Adam Thomas