[jsword-devel] [sword-devel] Branching subversion and logging (technical questions!)

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Jul 29 07:35:36 MST 2009

Hi Chris,

Jsword has its own separate mailing list onto which I copy this
response. You might get more focussed responses there.

I am only one of the translators of BibleDesktop and Jsword, so can not
really comment on the technical aspects, but my gut feeling reading what
 you want to achieve is that linking of passages to relevant info does
not by necessity require any forking, but should be entirely feasible
within the existing framework of jsword and sword. And if not than the
(few) relevant changes will be more than welcome in the trunk of
development.

What you propose seems essentially a form of commentary module(s),
though my understanding might be not complete here.

Maybe you want to expand on your suggestions?

Yours in Christ

Peter