[jsword-devel] JSword GoBible Creator

Stephen Denne spdlist at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 12 01:36:46 MST 2009

I've started work on creating a GoBible creator that uses jsword for its bible source.
I've got it working as an eclipse project in a workspace that also has the jsword & bibletime projects.
My test modules have been ESV & NETfree.
I disabled most of the GoBibleCreator "Collections" concept, thinking that they could be added back in later on once I got things working.
By adapting a stylesheet to produce text output instead of HTML, most of the format transformation work comes very easily.
ESV has red-letters for Christ's words, which I've managed to get working (for ESV) too.

What next steps do you think I should work on?

I definitely think a GUI is required to select a module, chose various options, select output destination.

I thought perhaps an Alkitab module might be an appropriate simple distribution scheme.

Regards,
Stephen Denne.