[jsword-devel] JSword GoBible Creator

Stephen Denne spdlist at ihug.co.nz
Tue Aug 11 03:40:43 MST 2009

> Hey guys.  How's the GoBible creator from JSword stuff going?
>
> I have another idea for you, in addition to the website
> download generator:
>
> How about something we can place on our CD which will
> generate a GoBible
> package from user selected options.  We're pretty tight on
> space on the
> CD so I don't want to duplicate the data for every module inside a
> GoBible installer, but if we could have an on-demand
> Generator instead,
> that would be really cool.  The root of CD is a SWORD library
> installations so JSword can grab Bibles from there.
>
> What do ya think?
>
> 	-Troy.

Hi Troy,

I'm waiting on details of svn setup, and haven't chased that up as I've also been moving house.

I still think that the work I've done is modifications to the existing code in https://crosswire.org/svn/gobible
So it should be a branch, or copy of the trunk/GoBibleCreator project in that repository.

By using the jsword repository, the history of the code is lost when I check in the code obtained from GoBibleCreator.

Perhaps the solution is to do both: create a utility jar based on GoBibleCreator, maintained in the GoBible repository, and used by
a new jsword project?

I looked into producing diffs to add to the jira issue I raised,
http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/COM-10
but couldn't figure out how jsword works with configurable options. There seems to be a framework for them included in jsword, but I
can't find any usage of that framework.

Adding a generator to the CD sounds fairly easy.

Regards,
Stephen Denne.