[jsword-devel] Lucene Indexes

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 08:59:32 MST 2008

Mullins, Steven wrote:
> The beauty of the MorphGNT module is that the analysis is already done!
> for every inflected word, you have tagged the lexical form (to search by)
> and the morpological tag (to narrow a search).  So for example if I wanted
> to to search for all verses with "believe" in the first person active
> indicative with "Jesus" as a direct object, I could, if only I had the
> lexical form and morph tags in lucene working.
>
> Just my 2-cents.
>
> Steve

I think it's worth more than a couple of cents!

One of the thing's that we have on our todo list (Jira's down
indefinitely, so don't bother looking) is to create a Strong's index
that could be used for any module. So if anyone ever had strong:(H3068
AND H3069) in a search, they would find the verse in their favorite text.

We could do something similar with the analysis of MorphGNT.

BTW, I welcome contributions as I'll be focusing on RTL issues,
translations into other languages and Bookmarks.

In Him,