[jsword-devel] strongs search

Mullins, Steven Steven.Mullins at dmme.virginia.gov
Thu May 15 13:30:46 MST 2008

I had to delete my KJV module and reinstall it to get it
to work right.  Now I can now search the hebrew strongs
just fine.  Both strong:h430 and strong:h0430 work
thanks to an existing regular expression matcher in
OSISUtil.java:

strongsNumber = "strong:([GH])0*([0-9]+)";

However, the greek strongs searches will not work for me,
though I see no reason why not.

The LXX module is displaying strongs numbers as [xxxx] like
the MorphGreek module.  The xls changes to fix MorphGNT have
affected it. I assume that the lemma is the same as the
MorphGNT.  My 1.0.8 version does not have a "view source"
option to verify.  At least I can't find the view source
button.

Really the LXX module is more correct in calling the strongs
number lemma.Strong, since it actually is.  The MorphGNT would
be more correct if it used say lemma.Lexical, since it has
little to do with a strongs number.

DM, what do you suggest to differentiate between LXX and
MorphGNT lemmas?

I was working on a code to allow searchs by the "lex:" field
for the MorphGNT module, and using DM's helpful suggestions
following the pattern of used for strongs numbers.  But since
I can't get strongs to work in greek, I'm sorta stuck.  I'm
attaching the code I have so far for the lex lemma.  I think
I'm going down the right track, but want to make sure.

Take care,

Steve