[jsword-devel] strongs search

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 07:29:45 MST 2008

Mullins, Steven wrote:
> I'm using the following syntax for a strongs search "strong:h853" but it does not return a result for a particular passage, gen 1.4, though it seems it should.  The note search works just fine however.  Am I missing something?  I have attached two screen shots.

I think it should work, but today it requires that the key be given
exactly as indexed. In the LD backend (RawLDBackend, there is an
external2internal routine, that could be adapted to be used here.)
Perhaps, a StrongsNumberHelper that has a couple of static methods that
normalize as needed in RawLDBackend). It should be normalized as it is
added to the index and requests should be normalized in the same
fashion. Would you like to fix this one?

Tonny is right that today the number needs to be padded to 4 places.

In Him,