[jsword-devel] parallel display with WLC

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Fri May 2 06:13:09 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:

>>> Second:
>>> Parallel view is biased toward the first Bible. It uses the settings
>>> for that Bible to display the rest. Presuming that you have set per
>>> language or per book fonts, (say Arial for ESV and Ezra for Hebrew),
>>> if ESV is first then WLC will use Arial, but if WLC is first then ESV
>>> will use Ezra.
>>>
>>> I may be able to get this fixed with this release. I have entered a
>>> "bug" for this:
>>> http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/BD-127

The font problem Daniel describes has some other unpleasant consequences
if one uses several non-latinate languages at the same time;

1) if the languages are not represented all in teh same font parts of
teh display won't work and display instead boxes.. e.g: try using a
Hebrew, Armenian and Farsi Bible at the same time - this is a very
realistic thing as many Iranian pastors are Armenians

2) Arabic/Farsi ligation can go out of the window: If the dominant
Bible's font does not have ligated Farsi glyphs then the text is badly
displayed.

The work around obviously is not to have certain Bibles in parallel but
use separate tabs.

Peter