[jsword-devel] German Translation (BD) and more

Benny Wasty bennywasty at gmx.de
Sun Mar 2 11:09:32 MST 2008

Hi,
now the German translation is complete (see attached zipped patch files).
I also changed 3 English entries in config.properties, which are a bit
clearer now I hope (Passages.BlurringRules.alternative.1,
Passages.PersistentNaming.name, Passages.PersistentNaming.help).

I think there is one field missing in the translation files: the
summary-label in the Select Passage Dialog. I couldn't find where to put
the translation for "verses" and "book".

And I noticed that the German translation of the GPL under "warranty" in
the About-Dialog doesn't show the German special characters correctly.
But why is the translation there anyway? It's somehow confusing to have
the German version under "warranty" and the English version under "licence".

Finally I've got two suggestions for an improvement of the UI. The
toolbar should use the big icons as default. The small ones look too
small even with a moderate display resolution.
I would also swap the positions of the Go-buttons and the
Select/Advanced button in the main window so that the Go-buttons are
directly next to the input fields. It would be more natural and the
Select/Advanced Dialog do not operate on the the values in the input
fields anyway.

I would do some of the changes myself, but I won't have the time before
the coming release I'm afraid.

In Him,
Benny