[jsword-devel] Alkitab Bible Study 0.9 released

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:22:20 MST 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 1:32 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To really get Java to shine with RTL, you will need to ditch Swing.
> (BD still uses Swing.) Swing has poor bidi algorithm and rtl
> rendering. It's handling of joiners in fonts is poor also.
>
> Our plan for BD is to use an embedded browser. Ideally it would be the
> same on all platforms (e.g. Mozilla's xulRunner or WebKit), but we may
> end up with IE for windows, xulRunner for Linux and WebKit for Mac.

This is very interesting approach (xulRunner/WebKit), I also need to
read and learn about embedded browser stuff.
By any chance have you tried JDIC embbeded browser component ?

Some link related to JDIC embedded browser
- https://jdic.dev.java.net/
- http://javadesktop.org/articles/jdic/

Cheers
Tonny Kohar