[jsword-devel] German Translation (BD) and more

Benny Wasty bennywasty at gmx.de
Sun Feb 17 14:34:26 MST 2008

Hi,
I've got the German translation almost complete now, but a few
issues/questions came up:
What does the option "Default Number of Matched Verses" mean exactly? I
couldn't figure it out and don't know how to translate it correctly.

"Persistent Naming" still has "Should your input of names ." as the
Tooltip, which doesn't really explain it.

In the "Search Quick Help"-Dialog the Ok-Button is labeled
"Ok.Name=Alias.OK".

In the Installation Manager Dialog the button for editing the
download-sites is labeled simply "Edit" now. It was "Edit Sites..."
before which would be more appropriate I think.

A different issue: I see how the Java property jsword.home is changed in
Portable BibleDesktop for the Linux-Version. I tried the same as a VM
argument in Eclipse (-Djsword.home=...) but then BD didn't start because
of a NoClassDefFoundError (seems like the path is taken as the
classpatch). As a workaround I hardcoded the folder to be used in the
place where the system property is read.
And on startup I now get a few popups like "Ignoring Invalid Option:
[Module Name]" with Robinsons/Strongs/Personal Commentary/King James
Dictionary. I use the modules from my BibleCS installation (as
additional book location).

In Him,
Benny