[jsword-devel] Launcher Bug

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 12:22:07 MST 2008

We have a problem with some of the launchers in that they create a
command line that is too long.
This is especially a problem on Windows with the nightly build.

If anyone one would like to take a look at it that would be great.

Just run BibleDesktop.exe and then look at java.log that is output in
the same directory.

You will notice that the argument to -classpath has the full path of
each of the jar files. If I recall correctly, java needs to have the
full path as the current working directory is not known.

If the path is too long then the command is truncated. Move Bible
Desktop directory to c:\ and the path will be short enough that you
can see the full command.

If you can send me an alternate command line that works, I can put it
into place.

This is necessary to complete before the next release.

Working together,