[jsword-devel] MorphGreek Search

Steven Mullins sbmullins at ntelos.net
Sat Feb 2 07:02:42 MST 2008

DM,

That's great news!  I have been looking at http://emdros.org/ for lingustic
analysis of the Greek New Testament.  I think that Lucene might do all the
analysis that I need though, without Emdros.  Let me know when you have a
version working and I'll give it a try.  Maybe when the command line searches
are working well, we can make a GUI search builder.

Steve

Steven Mullins wrote:
> Greetings!  I use Bible Desktop with the MorphGreek module.
> I'd like to be able to search using the lexical and morphological infomation
> in addition to the rendered word.  For example the source for the second
word
> in John 1:1, arche is:
>
> <w lemma="lemma.Strong:ἀρχή" morph="robinson:N-DSF">ἀρχῇ</w>
>
> It would great if I could search by the contexts of the 'lemma' tag, since
it
> contains the lexical form of the word.  It would also be helpful to be able
> to search/filter by the 'morph' tag as well, since I might only be looking
> for a word in a certain form.  Maybe it is possible do this kind of seach
now
> now, but I have no idea how.  I'd be willing to help program this
> functionality in, if it is not there already.

Welcome Steve,

This is a great idea! And it would be pretty easy to do.

I'm in the middle of updating to Lucene 2.3 (it is about to be released)
and there are some optimizations I am working on. If you give me a
couple of days I should be done and will point you in the right direction.

In His Service,