[jsword-devel] Locale questions ?

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Dec 11 01:22:58 MST 2008

My understanding of bipartite locale codes is that they signify language
and country in one code.

en_GB, en_US etc

This is mostly relevant when the country bit caqrries it sown importance
- currency, special ways of spelling (colour vs color) etc.

Only you probably on this mailing list can say how relevant this is for
Indonesian. But do look at it from the eyes of whatever smaller
neighbour you might have before you asume IS is irrleveant, we all speak
the same:

As someone living in the UK, I can tell you that "color", "theater" and
"center" are ways of spelling which give people here the hives, make
them physically sick and are generally frowned upon. For someone in the
US this appears bizarrely not to be the case ;-).

So an en_GB version is always relevant, particularly where it is about
people' hearts.

Peter