[jsword-devel] Alkitab Bible Study 2.1-beta1 released
tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:12:11 MST 2008
I just released Alkitab Bible Study 2.1-beta1 and it is available at
- Improved Navigator Panel
- Add Syntax Highlight for View Source (OSIS and HTML)
- *Add option -J-Dalkitab.orientation=auto|ltr|rtl for experimental RTL support
* the most prominent change is the new support (experimental) for RTL
component orientation, now the whole UI will change/shift according to
the specified orientation. Thanks to GnomeSword screenshot in the
sword mailing list regarding this matter :)
* the RTL options must be entered in the
[install-folder]/etc/alkitab.conf under default_options eg:
default_options="-J-Xms64m -J-Xmx256m .... -J-Dalkitab.orientation=rtl"
it has 3 option value:
- ltr (default), change the orientation to LTR regardless of locale
- rtl (right to left), change the orientation to RTL regardless of locale
- auto, automatic change the orientation LTR or RTL bases on default locale
It is recommended to use Java 1.6 or higher (it works for Java 1.5 as
well) due to many LayoutManager orientation bug fixes on Java 1.6
In this opportunity, I also would like to ask permission to use JSword
and Bible Desktop localization in Alkitab Bible Study.
Since I am using very similar phrase/wording on the UI text, so I
think the existing localization eg: fa, de, zn, vi, etc in JSword and
BD could be used easily in Alkitab Bible Study.
So how do I contact the copyright owners of those translation for permission ?
If you have any feedback, please do not hesitate to drop me a note.
Alkitab Bible Study
imagine, design, create ...
More information about the jsword-devel