[jsword-devel] [bd-users] Need advise with JSword settings

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 06:30:13 MST 2008

Tonny Kohar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Tonny Kohar <tonny.kohar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is a very interesting features enhancement for BD.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:48 PM, DM Smith wrote:
>>
>>> With the ELEPHANT release:
>>> ..
>>> you can change/set view options per book and options that do not pertain
>>> to a book will be greyed out
>>>
>> Does this already implemented on the svn ?

No, it is not in SVN yet.

>>> you can take notes for any verse or passage
>>> you can create/manage/use named bookmarks and bookmark sets, where a
>>> bookmark can be a search, or a list of passages and where you can add
>>> notes to them
>>>
>> Is there any documentation on the bookmark / bookmark sets storage
>> format eg: xml scheme or anything ?
>> Is this generic format or specific for BD ?

Bookmarks will be implemented in jsword.jar so it will be available to
all jsword based programs. The format is not settled yet. My thought was
xml. I've started on it, but haven't gotten very far. So if you want to
recommend one that would be fine. There is an issue in Jira for it.

> Another note: I notice that currently BD 1.6 already have a feature
> Save/Save As for the passages. is the new bookmark things is an
> evolution of this features or completely different one ?

The "Save/Save As" conceptually is a book mark, but the file format is
not what will be used for a bookmark. So once bookmark is implemented
then Save/Save As will be implemented in terms of a bookmark or may go
away altogether.

> note: sorry, the first email does not mean to be sent to you DM
> privately, it is mean for JSword Dev Mailing list, but somehow gmail
> reply button put yours in address not the JSword Devel Mailing list.

No problem. :)

In Him,