[jsword-devel] iPhone WebApp Take 2

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 05:02:41 MST 2008

On Apr 20, 2008, at 6:04 AM, Ben Morgan wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> In the ESV, any crossreferences attempt to reference the bible://
> protocol.
> I presume this is from using the xslt from jsword.

This and the Strong's references, in the xslt need to be tweaked to
call JavaScript. I found the following result useful:
4.11');">Rev. 4:11</a>

Here is the xslt change:

   <xsl:template match="reference">
     <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="$XRef = 'true'">
setPassage('{@osisRef}');"><xsl:apply-templates/></a>
       </xsl:when>
       <xsl:otherwise>
         <xsl:apply-templates/>
       </xsl:otherwise>
     </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:template>

The javascript setPassage(ref) needs to return false if the href is to
be ignored.

I think what I'm going to do in the long run is not use the same
routine that I use to do passage lookups. Instead, I want to have a
hover popup with the content. I find it annoying to go and see a
single reference, when what I really want is to see it in context of
what I am reading. I keep going back to the prior screen.