[jsword-devel] iPhone WebApp Take 2

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 02:52:29 MST 2008

I've cleaned up some of the problems with my iPhone webapp page and it
seems to be coming along nicely (in my opinion).  It's becoming less
and less happy-looking on the desktop and more and more good looking
in the browser.  Next I'll get in a HistoryListener and then be able
to do away with my pesky "Back" button that doesn't seem to show up
happily in the version of Safari on the iPhone Simulator.  Again, it's
available still, for the time being, at
http://hellings.is-a-geek.com:8080/jsword-gwtweb/WebInterface.html -
let me know what you guys think.  Transformation is still being done
on the server side, as I'm afraid to overload a mobile browser with
the XSLT transformation.  I can give client-side XSL a try, if it
proves too much of a strain on the server to do all the transforming,
but I don't think it'll be a problem.  The site is currently
incompatible with the version of IE that comes with Windows Mobile 5,
and I have no idea about other mobile browsers.  However, FF, Safari
(desktop and mobile) and IE7 all seem to work fine in my tests.

I'd be happy to share the source code (Java/GWT) if anyone would like
it, and once I get this version ironed out I'll see about permanent
hosting for the tool itself as well as for the source code.

--Greg