[jsword-devel] Problems getting started / Translation of UI
bennywasty at gmx.de
Sat Sep 22 14:52:56 MST 2007
this is my first mail to the list, so a short introduction: I'm from
Germany and I'm currently studying Software Engineering. I know the
Sword Project for quite some time and have also followed the mailing
lists for a few months. Now I've found the time to really get involved
and start programming etc.
The first problem I have is a warning that shows up (when I compile and
run BibleDesktop in eclipse):
21.09.2007 00:43:57 org.crosswire.common.swing.FontStore load
WARNUNG: Unable to load the font store:
The result is that the font of the bible text is different (something
with serifs, and smaller, too small) compared to my installed version
(1.07). Anyone knows what could be the reason?
I started improving the German translation of the UI because it's quite
bad and incomplete. The attached patch contains the changes (only
.properties-files). It's not perfect and also not totally complete, but
*/much /*better than the current translation...
The language-property-files are a bit problematic in my opinion. Weren't
too easy to find in the first place, there are many and they're spread
among quite a few directories. Would be really helpful to keep the
translations in one place, maybe even in one file. Adding new languages
would also be easier then.
And there's a bug with the selection of the translation:
I always see the German version, no matter if German or English is
selected in the options menu. Switching to Turkish or Persian is
possible though. I looked into the code and debugged a little, but
couldn't find anything yet. Maybe it has something do to with my
operating system's language being German...
Enough for the first mail...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 14217 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/jsword-devel/attachments/20070922/f7545f02/attachment.bin
More information about the jsword-devel