[jsword-devel] Vietnamese translation

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Fri Oct 26 01:20:20 MST 2007

I probably should have asked whether someone was already working on
this, but I have been translating the BibleDesktop user interface and
Bible book names into Vietnamese. I have the following files translated
into Vietnamese:

AboutPane_vi.properties
Desktop_vi.properties
Msg_vi.properties
ViewSourcePane_vi.properties

and

BibleNames_vi.properties

Traditionally Bible names are translated with a hyphen. For example,
Exodus is translated Xuất Ê-díp-tô Ký. When I created the Ansi file this
is the Exodus entry, with the hyphenated version in the alternate name
slot, hyphens marked "\u002D":

Exod.Full=Xu\u1EA5t \u00CAd\u00EDpt\u00F4 K\u00FD
Exod.Short=Xu
Exod.Alt=Xu\u1EA5t \u00CA\u002Dd\u00EDp\u002Dt\u00F4 K\u00FD

I don't have access to upload to SVN, and I wasn't sure I had all the
necessary files. Can someone let me know where to go from here or if I
am lacking anything?

Daniel