[jsword-devel] Learning J2ME with jsword

Jon Brisbin jon.brisbin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:23:09 MST 2007

I'm trying to learn J2ME and wanted to make a simple Bible app for my
Samsung Sync A707 using JSword (assuming I can actually figure out
how to get arbitrary Java apps to run on the phone...working on that
one). I don't really need the whole BibleDesktop suite, as I'm just
going to be reading hard-coding a bunch of stuff so I can get enough
of an app together to have user input, buttons, scrolling, etc...
working.

My question is, has anyone messed with JSword/BibleDesktop on a
mobile platform? Any suggestions, comments, advice I need to know
before I jump in? Is there a mobile-ized version of JSword that I
could use, or do I just put in the basic jsword-1.0.7.jar?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin ><>
http://jbrisbin.com

    "Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say,
     abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact."
                                - George Eliot

    "The novel is an art form and when you use it for
     anything other than art, you pervert it. Art never
     responds to the wish to make it democratic; it is not
     for everybody; it is only for those who are willing to
     undergo the effort needed to understand it."
                                - Flannery O'Connor