[jsword-devel] New Release of Bible Desktop

Joe Walker joe at getahead.org
Mon Jun 25 02:46:08 MST 2007

I love the parallel Bible diff mode - thanks!

Some other ideas:
- Allow the "Show passage" area to be a TextArea rather than a TextField -
i.e. allow it to be multi-line so that when there are many search matches
you can have a scroll bar.
- Allow people to get rid of the "Go" buttons. I understand that people
think they need them, so it's good to have them on by default, but they
don't actually serve any useful purpose.
- A Filter might be a neat addition for dictionaries. Currently (if you are
in the know) you can jump to a dictionary entry by selecting any entry and
just typing the one you want, but this isn't obvious. In addition there is
no way to find "SHESHBAZZAR" in Thompson because it is down under
"ZERUBBABEL OR SHESHBAZZAR". The Filter could be a way to select any entries
matching any part of what you typed.
- Having Strongs numbers show up as the actual numbers would be very useful.

Shall I open JIRA entries?
Thanks.

Joe.