[jsword-devel] API Change for showing differences

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 06:16:25 MST 2007

I have just checked in "Compare Differences" on the View Menu, which
will toggle the showing of differences.

In doing this I added a third constructor to BookData that takes a
"boolean compare"

Since BookData now does lazy evaluation of the request and caches it.
I changed BibleDesktop to take advantage of that. Before everytime
you changed a view option it went out to the module and got the data
again. Now, it holds a BookData as long as it can and reuses it.

I also made BookDataDisplay a PropertyChangeListener. This allows
other classes to be a provider of properties that a BookDataDisplay
is interested in. At this time "ComparingBooks" is the only property
that it is interested in. This mechanism allows for a property set
via a menu choice to be passed all the way down to the actual
BookDataDisplay that is rendering the page, with little effort.

You won't be able to see the change until tonight's build.

In His Service,