[jsword-devel] RCP prototype project added to incubator

Zhaojun Li(李召军) lzj369 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:58:33 MST 2007

Philip,

I have to say: WOW.

Very neat interface.  I will look at you code soon.

I am not very good at OSGi bundle,  those internal classes
particularly.  However, I applaud your work on those bundles,
including the extension points.  we need to find a way to keep jsword
and commons synchronized with the main BD release. I did not have time
to think about it yet.

I tried to import your projects into 3.2.1. Got some errors on those
OGSi interface. I guess it is because of API changes between eclipse
versions. Anyway, in order to do the RCP bundles, we need the latest
official apis, one reason is the enhancements.

I will work on the 3rd issue. Keep jsword spi synchronized to prevent
you from burning out. :)

For the interface, I think we do not need to be limited by BD. Let us
hear from DM that what he wants to add to the interface . You know,
Jface and swt views, editors are very flexible and easy to use.  If
you have any idea, maybe I can help out. For me, I go with websword
interface.  You can check out at http://xinxinxin.org, my personal
website.

In Love,

Zhaojun