[jsword-devel] CD ISO Stack Track

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 26 20:50:10 MST 2007

I'm trying to run BibleDesktop from the new Beta ISO at:

http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/iso/

I've mounted the CD image with:

  mount -o loop -t iso9660 sword20070215beta.iso sword

I then open the sword/BibleDesktop directory and double-click on
BibleDesktopUnix.sh

I just get the splash screen and nothing else.

I then copied the BibleDesktop directory to my desktop and tried to run
from there, using a shell.  I still just get the splash screen and here
is the output in the terminal window:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
         at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Defaults.<clinit>(Defaults.java:575)
         at
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop.refreshBooks(Desktop.java:955)
         at
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop.fillChoiceFactory(Desktop.java:936)
         at
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop.generateConfig(Desktop.java:771)
         at
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop.<init>(Desktop.java:155)
         at
org.crosswire.bibledesktop.desktop.Desktop$DesktopThread.run(Desktop.java:1028)
Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out
of range: -1
         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
         at
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookMetaData.setLibrary(SwordBookMetaData.java:200)
         at
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookMetaData.<init>(SwordBookMetaData.java:74)
         at
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookDriver.getBooks(SwordBookDriver.java:106)
         at
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookDriver.getBooks(SwordBookDriver.java:79)
         at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Books.registerDriver(Books.java:245)
         at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Books.autoRegister(Books.java:411)
         at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Books.initialize(Books.java:383)
         at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Books.<init>(Books.java:62)
         at org.crosswire.jsword.book.Books.<clinit>(Books.java:468)
         ... 6 more