[jsword-devel] BibleInfo.properties and fallback

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 06:50:51 MST 2006

I have implemented this as Manfred suggested. I also created a new
package org.crosswire.jsword.versification and refactored code dealing
with this into it. In doing so, I created a couple of new classes
BibleNames, OSISNames and SectionNames. These used to be handled by
BibleInfo.

For a non-default locale, BibleInfo will read in default Bible names and
use that as a fallback. Still, OSISNames are checked first for an
"exact" match. This may give the appearance that English is being
checked first. The reason for looking at OSIS names first is that the
vast majority of lookups are against programmatically generated
references or are cross-references contained within a document.

The presence of document cross-references also requires support of
English as a fall-back.

Right now there may be bugs in what I checked in as I have a lot more
testing to do.