[jsword-devel] Announcing BibleDesktop 1.0.3

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Jul 29 12:12:05 MST 2006

Are there any plans to add zLD book support to JSword? I've been working
on a number of nice new dictionaries I got from Perseus, but they're
very big, heavily tagged dictionaries, so they desperately need
compression. (They shrink to 1/4-1/3 their uncompressed size with zLD
using ZIP compression.) I'd really wanted to give out copies of
BibleDesktop with a Latin dictionary to my Latin class, but discovered
that there's no zLD support. :( That also means that one of our more
popular modules (WebstersDict) isn't supported either.

I'll probably look to contribute some filters to JSword to support TEI
once I get basic functionality working in (C++) Sword and all of its
target markup formats.

I hear you on the Mac Mini. :) I've got the original, so its dreadfully
slow, but they're nice machines. I'll probably turn mine into a kitchen
computer with an under-cabinet LCD, since the Mini itself will fit so
nicely in a cabinet. :)

--Chris