[jsword-devel] Maven

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 17:57:55 MST 2006

Based on your and Andy's thoughts, I'll give it (Maven 2) a go, but on a
local copy. I'll report back here.

Some observations about Maven: it wants a particular directory structure
and it has the notion of sub-projects. Our directory structure is close
though and we have implemented sub-projects as independent projects.

What I liked so far is that it supports building via ant without using
Maven. A plus if we can't install maven on the crosswire box. Also, it
can generate project files for Eclipse and Idea, perhaps others.

But I think that we should go to SVN first as it will preserve history
when moving files and directories.