[jsword-devel] feather request: book downloading and index generating api

David lzj369 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 09:26:01 MST 2006

Hi, DM,
If you just want to migrate to SWT, I personally think it does not worth it.
SWT just another set of API, like SWING.  However, if you want to migrate to
NETBEAN RCP or Eclipse RCP, I will applause your effort. (The application
size will be increased by 6-9MB).  For Eclipse RCP, the work is just create
veiws and call jword api.

The work I am doing is based on Eclipse RCP. Jsword is a base part of it.
The plan is to build a p2p system that can enable blog , forum sharing, of
course file sharing(  JXTA.)  next year.  It will be a set of plugins.

Right now, I am rewriting the system to look like exactly what is on web
sword interface. After all, people are familar with web interface.  I ,
however did a websword plugin with tomcat embedded(yes, a server on user's
desktop).  It is cool. However, due to other considerations, I put it on
hold.

Since you are interest, I will put the source code to Google code next
week.  I tried sourceforge, still does not get approved.  An alternative is
I put the code temporily into jwsord SVN, so you can look at it. Again, next
week. :)