[jsword-devel] getting involved

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 11:16:26 MST 2006

Manfred Bergmann wrote:
> Thx for your answers so far.
>

> Am 30.08.2006 um 19:33 schrieb DM Smith:
>

>> Manfred Bergmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi DM.
>>>
>>> 1. I checked out the complete trunk from the svn repository and
>>> created Netbeans projects (Eclipse is very unstable on my system, but
>>> Netbeans 5.x is fine)
>>>
>> I am running Eclipse 3.2 on Max OS 10.4.7, Mac Mini (Intel) and I have
>> no stability problems.
>>

> Doesn't matter, Netbeans 5.x has made a huge jump and nearly overtook
> Eclipse.

If you can provide the Netbeans config files I can put them into svn.

>>>  and managed to compile and run bibledesktop.
>>> But if I run it this way, the menu is in the window again instead of
>>> the main menu on the Mac. If I run the AppBundle all is fine. Can
>>> someone give a hint what I am doing wrong here?
>>>

>> You need to set a property or two in your execution script.
>> apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar=true
>> com.apple.mrj.application.apple.menu.about.name=BibleDesktop
>> If you find others please let me know.
>>

> I execute using Ant Exec task.
> For the Application Bundle this property is set using "Info.plist".
> How is the Application Bundle generated, is there a script that does
> the job?
> Did you create the directory structure once with Jar Bundler and just
> change the jar libraries in the Resources folder?

So far it is a manual process to do the Application Bundle.
Yes, I created it using Jar Bundler initially. I then change the jars
manually each time I rebuild.
I have checked into bibledesktop/etc/installer/macosx the Info.plist
I think the simplest way to do it right now is to install the
application and use it as the starting point.
Or
If you want to add a target to bibledesktop's build.xml to construct the
application bundle, that would be great.