[jsword-devel] JSword devel

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 20:55:12 MST 2006

webmedic wrote:
> I'm kind of curious if you plan to impliment support for genbook?
Supporting genbook is on our list of things todo.
We are also planning to support OSIS encoded files directly as a reader
and possibly with search capabilities (especially for Bibles)
I think that we may do the latter before the former.
If we do the latter, we would convert the former to OSIS to make
GenBooks available.

This may change because Sword is planning to use GenBook format to solve
the general alternate versification problem (i.e. Bibles that number
verses differently than the King James) and we prioritize support of all
Sword Bibles very high.

> Also what are teh limits for a module size? I notice that you have
> disabled the websters dictionary. Is that becasue of siz?

BibleDesktop (and JSword, which BibleDesktop is built upon) imposes no
limits to a modules size. Limits are imposed by your operating system.
We don't support webster's dictionary because we haven't implemented a
decoder for it (same as for GenBook). Webster's is the only book that
uses that particular encoding.

Supporting that encoding is on our list of things to do. But it is not
very high on my prioritization of the things to do.

You can see the entire list at www.crosswire.org/bugs under jsword,
common and bibledesktop.

Did you have a particular interest in a particular GenBook or Webster's
dictionary?